Return to News
Michigan’s summer weather and longer days bring out the vacationer in all of us. But everything from cookouts, trips to the beach, pool parties and lots of time outdoors can easily lead to unforeseen medical situations. However, with virtual care services available quickly and easily, now you and your family have access to the care you need so you can get back to enjoying summer fun.
You know the usual suspects of summer ailments. Conditions like those listed below can now be treated virtually within a few simple clicks of your computer or smartphone.
- Heat-related illnesses like dehydration and heatstroke from too much sun at the pool or on the water.
- Skin irritations from insect bites, poison ivy, sumac or oak plants, or severe sunburns.
- Food poisoning from picnic dishes that are left out too long.
- Allergic reactions to food or insect bites.
- Water illnesses that can be transmitted through different types of bacteria in the pools, lakes or hot tubs.
- Ear infections caused by water trapped in the ear canal that develop into swimmer’s ear.
- Falls, foot or joint injuries that can happen either while participating in the many outdoor sports and doing summer chores. Everything from twisted ankles to scrapes and cuts can, in most cases, be treated quickly and easily with a virtual care visit.
Should you need health care attention quickly, this summer is a great time to try virtually enabled care from Together Health Network’s statewide provider network so you can get back to enjoying your summer in Michigan quickly.
To find out more visit https://www.togetherhealthnetwork.org/virtualcaremi/